Our client and consumer can now come from anywhere in the world. We have a large percentage of buyers from the Asian Subcontinent who are buying, selling, renting and leasing properties in Australia. With our clients having English as a second language and differing cultural norms from living in another country, real estate personnel are not equipped or skilled to make sure the other party is being understood and respected in the correct manner. This course will endeavour to shed light on certain cultural norms and how to show respect.
This course will shed light on the areas as follows:
- Negotiation styles of differing cultures and how we can work with the process to achieve the outcome for our clients. An example of this is buyers starting much lower than asking price. How this is handled by the agent is key in the relationship and trust with the buyer and their ability to negotiate up to a price acceptable by the clients.
- Showing respect in differing cultures : For example, when to shake hands, shoes, not showing the bottom of the feet to clients, the differing methods to communicate.
- Service standards and how they may be varied
- Confirming discussions in writing
- Using interpreters and translators
- Family and their role in the buying, selling, leasing or renting process of the consumer.
- Overview of differing cultural beliefs
At the end of the course, we aim to have the participant show more awareness, understanding and respect to the clients they meet. This will enhance the consumer experience and will reduce issues or complaints from misunderstanding.
CPD Registration Notes:
- To qualify for your CPD points, please ensure you complete this course by 31 December. Online programs completed after this date will not have points registered through DMIRS.
- This course is only approved as a DMIRS elective option for this calendar year only.
- You will be given access for a period of one (1) month from the date payment is received to complete the online program
- If you are unable to complete within the given time from you will have the option to apply for an extension at the cost of $75 plus GST per calendar month to complete
- Your training must begin and finish in the same calendar year to be eligible for CPD points for that year
- Upon completion of the course you will be able to download your certificate of participation.