This program combines the following two courses to complete your 10 point CPD requirement for 2020:
- CPD Mandatory (3 CPD points)
- Risk Management Foundations (7 CPD points)
CPD Mandatory Overview: The Compulsory Professional Development (CPD) program is designed to increase your knowledge and skills. The program aims to increase consumer protection and promote consumer confidence in the real estate industry. The intent of this year’s three-hour mandatory CPD program for real estate practitioners is to reinforce the understanding of the duties, obligations, responsibilities and restrictions that must be taken into consideration when conducting the business of real estate in Western Australia. The Department hopes that by reminding participants of these important considerations they will be encouraged to review their work practices to ensure that they remain compliant. Specifically, this year’s program will comprise three parts and will consider:
- Duties and Obligations;
- Responsibilities and Restrictions; and,
- The Strata Reforms which have resulted in amendments to the Strata Titles Act 1985.
Risk Management Foundations Overview: It is increasingly recognized that enterprise risk management is an important skill for all business leaders and professionals, not just risk managers. This course provides a practical introduction to the principles of risk management, as outlined in ISO 31000, and the Global Risk Management Standard. This course will introduce a structured framework for the identification, management and treatment of risk within your workplace. You will learn how the management of risk will bring about significant business benefits, and how to explain and make full use of risk management terminology. You will also learn how to conduct threat and vulnerability assessments, business impact analyses and learn the principles of risk control and risk treatment.
CPD Registration Notes:
- To qualify for your CPD points, please ensure you complete this course by 31 December. Online programs completed after this date will not have points registered through DMIRS.
- This course is only approved as a DMIRS option for this calendar year only.
- Aspire will verify that you have not completed the mandatory component of this course in 2020 through another contracted provider.
- If you are located in South West WA, you must complete the mandatory component of the course through the DMIRS South West contracted provider (REIWA).
- You will be given access for a period of one (1) month from the date payment is received to complete the online program
- If you are unable to complete within the given time from you will have the option to apply for an extension at the cost of $75 plus GST per calendar month to complete
- Your training must begin and finish in the same calendar year to be eligible for CPD points for that year
- Upon completion of the course you will be able to download your certificate of participation.