This program combines the following three courses to complete your 10 point CPD requirement for 2020:
- CPD Mandatory (3 CPD points)
- Handling Complaints and Difficult Customers (3.5 CPD points)
- Solving Problems at Work (3.5 CPD points)
CPD Mandatory Overview: The Compulsory Professional Development (CPD) program is designed to increase your knowledge and skills. The program aims to increase consumer protection and promote consumer confidence in the real estate industry. The intent of this year’s three-hour mandatory CPD program for real estate practitioners is to reinforce the understanding of the duties, obligations, responsibilities and restrictions that must be taken into consideration when conducting the business of real estate in Western Australia. The Department hopes that by reminding participants of these important considerations they will be encouraged to review their work practices to ensure that they remain compliant. Specifically, this year’s program will comprise three parts and will consider:
- Duties and Obligations;
- Responsibilities and Restrictions; and,
- The Strata Reforms which have resulted in amendments to the Strata Titles Act 1985.
Handling Complaints and Difficult Customers Overview: Good business owners learn to see complaints as an opportunity to build strong, lasting relationships with customers and improve their customer service. Customer complaints give businesses valuable information about how they need to improve. Complaints that are handled well can help your organisation retain existing customers and could result in new customers being referred to your business. This course provides managers with the tools and resources to better manage customer complaints, manage service recovery, manage difficult customers, and develop the policies and procedures to embed efficient complaints resolution and service recovery in the business.
Solving Problems at Work Overview: Designed for anyone responsible for resolving issues quickly, this course in Problem Solving enables you to apply an entire creative problem-solving process, as well as invaluable problem solving and decision-making tools that you can use every day. In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers, tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small. You will learn how to apply a range of techniques to define problems, identify root causes, and identify and Analyze potential solutions to determine their efficacy. You will also learn how to plan for the successful implementation.
CPD Registration Notes:
- To qualify for your CPD points, please ensure you complete this course by 31 December. Online programs completed after this date will not have points registered through DMIRS.
- This course is only approved as a DMIRS option for this calendar year only.
- Aspire will verify that you have not completed the mandatory component of this course in 2020 through another contracted provider.
- If you are located in South West WA, you must complete the mandatory component of the course through the DMIRS South West contracted provider (REIWA).
- You will be given access for a period of one (1) month from the date payment is received to complete the online program
- If you are unable to complete within the given time from you will have the option to apply for an extension at the cost of $75 plus GST per calendar month to complete
- Your training must begin and finish in the same calendar year to be eligible for CPD points for that year
- Upon completion of the course you will be able to download your certificate of participation.