- This event has passed.
CPD Elective (7 Points) – FULL
August 7, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Aspire Performance Training is offering two 3.5 hour professional development workshops for Real Estate personnel as part of the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety compulsory professional development.
Part 1:Building Strategies for Resilience
Today’s real estate market is more complex, dynamic and high-pressured than ever before. In this fast-paced environment, it is critical all real estate professionals develop the skills to effectively manage the ebbs and flows of a demanding market and the agency they are working for to provide the best service they can to the consumer. This workshop will give participant the tools and techniques to be understand and manage change effectively and to work more effectively with the real estate consumer and others in the workplace.
Part 2: Cultural Intelligence
Our client and consumer can now come from anywhere in the world. We have a large percentage of buyers from the Asian Subcontinent who are buying, selling, renting and leasing properties in Australia. With our clients having English as a second language and differing cultural norms from living in another country, real estate personnel are not equipped or skilled to make sure the other party is being understood and respected in the correct manner. This course will endeavour to shed light on certain cultural norms and how to show respect.
This course will shed light on the areas as follows :
- Negotiation styles of differing cultures and how we can work with the process to achieve the outcome for our clients. An example of this is buyers starting much lower than asking price. How this is handled by the agent is key in the relationship and trust with the buyer and their ability to negotiate up to a price acceptable by the clients.
- Showing respect in differing cultures : For example, when to shake hands, shoes, not showing the bottom of the feet to clients, the differing methods to communicate.
- Service standards and how they may be varied
- Confirming discussions in writing
- Using interpreters and translators
- Family and their role in the buying, selling, leasing or renting process of the consumer.
- Overview of differing cultural beliefs
At the end of the course, we aim to have the participant show more awareness, understanding and respect to the clients they meet. This will enhance the consumer experience and will reduce issues or complaints from misunderstanding.
What’s In It For You?
- Opportunity to gain 7 CPD points
- Network with real estate practitioners
- Learn, question and challenge an experienced real estate facilitator
- Reflect on current practice and implement new strategies for working within the real estate industry.