- This event has passed.
7 Point Blended CPD Elective – Face-to-Face + Online – Albany – Social Media or Cultural Intelligence
March 26 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$199
CPD Points: 7
Aspire Performance Training is offering a 3.5 hour (face to face) + 3.5 hour online professional development workshop for Licensed Agents, Sales Representatives, Property Managers, Commercial and Retail Sales and Leasing and Business Brokers as part of the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety compulsory professional development. To enroll for your 7 point elective a link to our online shop will be emailed within 4 business days of payment with a code to register.
Social Media: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Session based on awareness on how we stay compliant in the new forms of medium available. Not are there only online portals, there is LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and more.
With the ease and speed at which the industry can reach people through the medium, small incorrect statements or rushed posts can convey false and misleading representations. We can also compromise the Code of Conduct and Australian Consumer law.
Learning how to stay compliant in social media is a large focus of this course, as well as complaint resolution as it occurs online and quickly.
Session will also cover risk of private information and the professional image of the industry.
Cultural Intelligence: 1.00pm – 4.30pm
Our client and consumer can now come from anywhere in the world. We have a large percentage of buyers from the Asian Subcontinent who are buying, selling, renting and leasing properties in Australia. With our clients having English as a second language and differing cultural norms from living in another country, real estate personnel are not equipped or skilled to make sure the other party is being understood and respected in the correct manner. This course will endeavour to shed light on certain cultural norms and how to show respect.
This course will shed light on the areas as follows :
- Negotiation styles of differing cultures and how we can work with the process to achieve the outcome for our clients. An example of this is buyers starting much lower than asking price. How this is handled by the agent is key in the relationship and trust with the buyer and their ability to negotiate up to a price acceptable by the clients.
- Showing respect in differing cultures : For example, when to shake hands, shoes, not showing the bottom of the feet to clients, the differing methods to communicate.
- Service standards and how they may be varied
- Confirming discussions in writing
- Using interpreters and translators
- Family and their role in the buying, selling, leasing or renting process of the consumer.
- Overview of differing cultural beliefs
At the end of the course, we aim to have the participant show more awareness, understanding and respect to the clients they meet. This will enhance the consumer experience and will reduce issues or complaints from misunderstanding.
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety Registration Information
Each year, participants must obtain ten CPD points. Mandatory activities are paid for by the Department. Elective activities make up the rest of the required ten points. Aspire Performance Training will register these mandatory points through the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety and you will be issued a Statement of Attainment.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to gain 7 CPD points
- Network with real estate practitioners
- Learn, question and challenge an experienced real estate facilitator
- Reflect on current practice and implement new strategies for working within the real estate industry
Terms and Conditions:
- Complete your additional 3.5 online elective CPD at your own pace. Online course code will expire after 31 December 2020.
- You will have 1 month to complete from the commencement of the course. Extension fees of $75 per month apply to the online system if not completed within the 1 month time frame.